Community Manager (based in New York City)
Native Spanish speaker strongly preferred, Portuguese also beneficial
Kickoff is hiring a Community Manager to help us expand our fast-growing dating app. This is a unique opportunity to work with a high-performing, early stage, New York based startup that is expanding globally.
Kickoff is a dating app that helps people find quality connections by introducing them to single people their friends know. We have reached a massive user base only 10 months after launching and continue to grow at an explosive rate, supported by widespread positive press coverage. The most popular dating app among Brazil’s college-educated, Kickoff is currently live in the eight biggest Brazilian cities and just launched in Buenos Aires in October 2015. Kickoff has global ambitions. We’re backed by Monashees, the premier Latin American venture capital fund.
Kickoff is looking for a Community Manager to strengthen our growth and user engagement initiatives. The Community Manager will lead our user engagement and social media strategy, design and execute marketing initiatives, develop strategic partnerships, and refine our customer support. We are looking for a skilled, thoughtful, hard-working, self-motivated, and intelligent problem-solver who is excited about growing Kickoff to serve millions of users! If you’re smart and ambitious, we want to talk to you.
The Community Manager will work with our Growth, Product, and Engineering teams and be an integral team member. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on startup experience!
If you fit the profile below, please send us your resume and let us know why you’re excited to work for Kickoff.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our user engagement strategy, including developing messages to engage users and strengthen Kickoff’s brand and sourcing user feedback
- Manage our social media strategy and generate original content, including user-generated marketing campaigns
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to relay user feedback
- Analyze user behavior data
- Generate ad content for ads in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Find new and creative ways to tell people across Latin America about Kickoff and increase organic installs
- Develop partnerships with influencers, bloggers, and celebrities to promote Kickoff
- Develop partnerships with party promoters and events companies to have Kickoff serve as a sponsor for events that reach our target user base of young, social and single people
We’re looking for:
- A self-motivated, hard-working and results-oriented problem solver
- A skilled communicator who can strengthen Kickoff’s unique voice and connect with users
- A social media guru with a passion for developing unique content
- A creative thinker and detail-oriented executor who can brainstorm and implement clever new marketing initiatives
- An analytical thinker with fluency in Excel
- Someone who is passionate about our mission of connecting people
- Experience building relationships with tastemakers, influencers, bloggers, party promoters, celebrities, etc. is a huge plus
- Fluency with Photoshop is a huge plus
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a huge plus
Bonus points if you have:
- 3+ years of experience at a high-performing organization (e.g. tech company, consulting, banking, MBA)
- Marketing and growth experience
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- Startup experience
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on an exciting, challenging venture and help shape and grow a product that will be used by people all over the world
- Join an awesome, smart, and driven international team that values transparency, positivity, collaboration, ingenuity, and results
- Competitive compensation in a venture backed and high-growth company
- Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your resume and why you’re interested