Senior Backend Engineer Position
Be one of the first technical hires of a rapidly growing, venture-backed startup and shape both our awesome product and team.
Kickoff is a funded, seed stage dating app based in New York City (in the NYC Techstars office). We’re excited to help people find quality connections through their broader friend network and are focused on emerging markets. We have reached a massive user base only 6 months since launching and continue to grow at an explosive rate, supported by widespread positive press coverage. Kickoff has global ambitions. We’re currently live in eight major Brazilian cities and plan to expand across Brazil and beyond in the near-term.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team. We need a skilled problem-solver who is excited about shaping Kickoff’s core product and technical infrastructure as we scale to serve millions of users. If massive scale, performance, and stability excite you, we want to talk to you!
If you fit the profile below, please send us your resume and let us know why you’re excited to work for Kickoff. Include any prior Android or iOS apps you’ve worked on.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Backend architecture and development
- Shape Kickoff’s core product and develop and implement exciting new features
- Design and build the infrastructure to meet the needs of millions of users
- Develop and implement Kickoff API endpoints
- Build systems to ensure 100% uptime for all of our users
- Maintain and improve system monitoring and availability
- Report to the CTO
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years in backend development with a track record of successful projects
- Expert experience with C#, Entity Framework, and WebApi
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform
- Experience with building and scaling data API’s
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Full understanding of common software design concepts
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked on systems used by millions of people
- Prior startup experience
- Experience with Java and Neo4J
- Experience with Redis
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation in a funded and high-growth company
- Opportunity to work on an exciting, challenging venture and help shape and create an awesome core product
- Join a smart, driven team that values transparency, positivity, collaboration, ingenuity, and results
- Opportunity to learn UI development and other technologies if interested
- Great amenities and creative work environment in the Techstars office in central Manhattan
- Contact us: email@example.com
- Please include your resume and why you’re interested.