Senior iOS Engineer Position
Be one of the first technical hires of a rapidly growing, venture-backed startup and shape both our awesome product and team.
Kickoff is a funded, seed stage dating app based in New York City (in the NYC Techstars office). We’re excited to help people find quality connections through their broader friend network and are focused on emerging markets. We have reached a massive user base only 6 months since launching and continue to grow at an explosive rate, supported by widespread positive press coverage. Kickoff has global ambitions. We’re currently live in eight major Brazilian cities and plan to expand across Brazil and beyond in the near-term.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team. We need a skilled problem-solver who is excited about shaping Kickoff’s core product and tech team as we scale to serve millions of users. If you’re a smart and ambitious developer who loves working with others to build cool apps, we want to talk to you!
If you fit the profile below, please send us your resume and let us know why you’re excited to work for Kickoff. Include any prior iOS or Android apps you’ve worked on.
In this role, you will:
- Own the iOS app strategy and development
- Shape Kickoff’s core product in conjunction with Android and Backend engineers
- Work with graphics team to design and wireframe modern interfaces
- Report to the CTO
We’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience developing iOS consumer facing apps
- Expert level experience with Objective-C and the iOS SDK (7.0+)
- Experience with RESTful API’s
- Experience with Facebook iOS SDK
- Strong understanding of iOS design patterns
- Strong object-oriented and architectural skills
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with Git
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- Prior startup experience
- Experience with Swift
- Experience with socket based web connections on mobile
- UX design experience or experience with iOS animations
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation in a funded and high-growth company
- Opportunity to work on an exciting, challenging venture and help shape and create an awesome core product
- Join a smart, driven team that values transparency, positivity, collaboration, ingenuity, and results
- Opportunity to learn other technologies if interested
- Great amenities and creative work environment in the Techstars office in central Manhattan
- Contact us: email@example.com
- Please include your resume and why you’re interested.